Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly Menu 2/21

Apparently lots of people find it funny that I create weekly menus for Bobby and I. If you don't already do this, I highly recommend it. It A) Saves you money B) Makes you less likely to eat junk food C) Gives you a meal to look forward to and D) Streamlines your grocery trip. So since it's late and I'm getting sleepy, instead of a recipe tonight I'm going to share our weekly menu and what you can look forward to being added to the blog.

Also, clearly I "redecorated" :-) If it's too pink, let me know!


Sunday: Salmon Caesar Salad (I've made the executive decision not to share my mother's Caesar salad recipe because otherwise what would I bring to potlucks and dinner parties to show off!)

Monday: BBQ Chicken Pizza (Spread pizza dough like Boboli or Pillsbury with your favorite BBQ sauce, top with LOTS of mozzarella cheese and add chunks of grilled chicken and diced red onion)

Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie (this is a new one for me, I'm excited! I'll post if it's good)

Wednesday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo and Red Velvet Cake (Happy Birthday to Bobby! I plan to post both of these)

Thursday: Leftovers :-)

Friday: Probably Palermo Viejo (our favorite restaurant in Louisville) to celebrate Bobby's birthday more officially

Saturday: Stuffed Shells w/ Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (yum! will post also)

In other good news the snow has melted for Bobby's birthday week! I consider this a "turning point" weekend for us in terms of weather. So it's my advice to others out there cooking to gather up your favorite cold-weather menu items (comfort food) and add them to your menus quickly! Soon will be the season for summer salads, fruit salsas, and margaritas! Oh wait...those are good in any season...

No comments:

Post a Comment