Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grilled Salmon w/ Ginger-Orange Mustard Glaze

Coming to you again from the Complete Cooking Light Cookbook. Seriously, I'm just beginning to crack this powerhouse of a cookbook. This is quick and easy, and you can grill or bake. It recommends marinating for 30 minutes, but the sauce is pretty strong, so I think if you were really pressed for time you could heat the sauce over the stove and drizzle over your fillet. I also think this would be good with chicken--assuming most of you like chicken more than I do :)

Grilled Salmon with Ginger-Orange Mustard Glaze

1/4 cup orange juice1/4 cup soy sauce (go low sodium if you can)
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbs grated fresh ginger (I used the kind that comes in a jar because I didn't feel like peeling any--but fresh ginger will always taste best)
2 Tbs honey
Salmon fillets

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Place salmon fillets into a plastic Ziploc bag, and pour marinade over them. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then remove from the bag to grill or bake (425 for 30 minutes in a tin foil "boat" to catch excess liquid). Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Serve over the fish, or on top of quinoa or rice for flavor.

I know there are many salmon purists in my family, and believe me I love fresh, grilled, Pacific salmon when it's in season. However, Bobby and I are still trying to eat fish 1-2 times per week and I've got to add some variety! Especially during the "down" months where you may get more previously frozen Pacific fish, or Atlantic. If you don't know the difference, then I don't want you reading my blog! Just kidding :) Kind of...

No comments:

Post a Comment