Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And so it begins

OK so my fabulous sister-in-law has been telling me for some time now that I need a blog. And in truth, I didn't really give it much consideration because I am pretty sure she might be one of a small handful of people that find my verbose email rants to be witty and amusing (thanks Court!) Then at dinner the other night, one of the other med school wives (we have a club, don't laugh) mentioned that she had a recipe blog--and I thought...I could do that.

As far fetched as it may be to my Island girls and the Sketch Crew-that-was, I actually have a lot of requests for recipes from co-workers and friends in Louisville--because lo and behold, I can actually do more in the kitchen than stare fixedly at a pot of water willing it to make my refrigerated pasta for me (I mean no disrespect to refrigerated pasta).

So instead of writing out recipes on my Humana mail or in a Facebook message, I thought I'd just keep tabs on what's cooking when I've got a quick, relatively healthy, or just plain delicious recipe that evening. I'll do my very best to site my sources, because I'm in no way original, and will hope to have occasional guest features from my mother (who passed on the cooking-gene) and Taylor (who motivated me to cook...because I mean...if he can do it...). And hopefully you'll find a few new ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're a blogger! I love it :) That mac and cheese recipe is sooooo good- I don't know if we could make it like you and Bobby can, but at least now we can try ;)

    Maybe the recipe blog can include some pics of Gus and Shadow helping you cook??? I want to see pics of them playing (or whatever it is they do when they interact ;))!

    Miss you! And I'm so excited you have a blog-- I'm adding you to my blog list right now!

    ReplyDelete