Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cranberry Brie Chicken Pizza

What could be more delicious sounding? Seriously. I made this for myself because Bobby turned up his nose and opted to go out with some friends, and then complained that the smell of brie in the oven made the kitchen stink! Guys! But it took a good deal of self control not to eat the entire pizza, so I'm pretty proud of myself. So thank you, AllRecipes iPhone application for introducing me to this delicious idea!

Also note, when I was describing it to one of my coworkers, she let me know that she does something similar with her Thanksgiving leftovers--and adds brie to a turkey panini with cranberry sauce. So you could take that route, or add turkey to the pizza instead of chicken. Needless to say I'm pretty fired up about Thanksgiving leftovers already :-) Especially since I'm overruling Bobby and keeping the mashed potatoes (whoever heard of something so ridiculous as a person opting to CUT mashed potatoes from the overgrown Thanksgiving menu! Clearly that should have been established pre-wedding--like when I gave him the courtesy of telling him one week before the wedding that I never intended to mow a lawn EVER--there are just some things you should clearly discuss first, and the priority of mashed potatoes on the holiday menu is one).


Cranberry Brie Chicken Pizza

1 Boboli thin crust

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken tenders

1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce

1 wedge brie
1 cup mozzarella cheese


Grill chicken breasts or tenders or dice in to cubes and cook in a pan over the stove. Heat oven to 350. Place boboli crust on baking sheet. Spread cranberry sauce over the boboli--one cup may not look like it's covering the whole pizza, but when I used the whole can things got very messy in the oven and made the boboli a little soggy. So I think about a cup should do it, because it'll cook down a bit when heated. Cube the brie into bitesized pieces and place evenly around the crust. Add diced chicken, and sprinkle a handful of mozzarella cheese over everything. Bake for 20 minutes and serve!


And it's good cold the next day too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment